Friday, May 4, 2012

How the "four-letter-word" are ya?

So I'm laying in bed after a morning of work, and my mind's running. "What the heck should I tell people today? Should I even write anything?" "My apartment's hot." "I need to clean before my parents get here." "I have no clean pants". Things like that. I'm likely sleep deprived. I've realized that there are two types of people out there:
 1) Those that can complete lists.

Here's how my life is.
---
Last night was great. B-Dubs had an hour wait, so I took my friends out to eat at Old Chicago. Had some delicious pizza, followed by some Cold Stone, thanks to my buddy Orion. One of us left to go hang out with some other friends and the other three went and smoked some hookah with some more people. Hookah really is a great way to cap off a night. Not only is it super relaxing, but it's a fantastic bonding agent. Passing the hose, doing smoke tricks, all while watching Community. What I wouldn't give to make that my life. I said goodbye to my friend Collin, whom I may never see again while I still draw breath. But that's okay. I'm excited to see him do incredible things.
---
My parents and little brother are coming to stay with me tonight. My little brother is playing at Adventureland with the middle school band tomorrow. Which makes me a bit envious, as I quit band after a month my fifth grade year because I found it to be too much work. I was a turd in school. Nothing extracurricular. I have a lot of regrets about that. I hope to live vicariously through Noah. That he would be super involved and have a lot of good memories about that. Nevertheless,  I haven't seen my family in a while, and am pretty excited. Except I have a lot of cleaning to do, because none of us ever clean around here. It's hard being a boy *sigh*.
---
I'm regret to inform everyone out there that Adam Yauch, also known as MCA has died. He was the founding member of the Beastie Boys, and incredibly influential rap group in the mid '80s. White rappers in the '80s were like Black hockey players. It was a big deal to be a white rapper in the '80s. Much more a rap group. And even further more a REALLY GOOD rap group of white people.  They shouldn't need introduction. I really hope you all know who there are. Well, MCA was my favorite. He had a wicked flow and some great lyrics.
"My name is MCA, I got a license to kill.
I think you know what time it is, it's time to get ill."

Simply perfect. Well, at 47, he lost his battle with cancer today. Gone, but never forgotten. By me at least. And I would assume millions of others. This video always makes me chuckle. It's also where the title of the blog comes from. Oprah had ridiculous hair. And Tipper Gore can suck it. I've gotta take a line from Will Smith (back when he was a rapper) and say "Parents just don't understand" .


Well, I'm going to nap. I may have more later. But for now, I'm going to hit "Publish".

Bring the '80s back.

No comments:

Post a Comment